Camp NaNoWriMo

I’m doing Camp NaNoWriMo this year!

NaNoWriMo

I just joined, like, yesterday, so I am planning a novel in the next 15 or so days.

Here’s the (very basic) synopsis:

Danielle is a fourteen-year-old girl. She rescues another 14 year old girl, Kenna, who has been falsely accused of a crime.

Yes, very basic.  I hope to update it to something a bit more interesting later on.  And now, without further ado, the excerpt:

The first time I saw her her eyes still flashed. Her golden hair blew back in the breeze; her cheeks glowed in the sharp bite of autumn wind. She flashed at me a teasing grin, full of daring, before disappearing into the forest.

The second time I saw her it was all different; her eyes did not leave the ground where they rested, her hair hung limp about her. Her hands were bound behind her with a rope. All of her spirit and zeal for life were gone.

If you want to find me, my username is Molly G.! I’ll hopefully be doing more updates when it starts. 🙂

Are you doing Camp NaNoWriMo this year?

TTYL! Molly J. G.

13 thoughts on “Camp NaNoWriMo

1. Amie March 17, 2018 / 3:30 pm

Neat! No, I’m not doing Camp NaNoWriMo, since I’m already busy writing a book.

Liked by 1 person

• Molly G. March 17, 2018 / 8:39 pm

I am too, for school (I’m doing the One Year Adventure Novel writing curriculum). Doing that for school will keep me accountable, even while I’m doing another.

Liked by 1 person

• Amie March 17, 2018 / 8:42 pm

Cool! My mom won’t count my writing for school because she says I enjoy it and I do it all the time, so it isn’t school. I do do grammar, though, and Rhetoric.

Liked by 1 person

• Molly G. March 17, 2018 / 8:44 pm

Oh, okay. You could do it with the book you’re doing. You get to set your own goals, so it would work for any project.

Liked by 1 person

• Amie March 17, 2018 / 9:23 pm

Oh, cool! I could, but I thought you aren’t allowed to do it before a certain date.

Liked by 1 person

2. Molly G. March 17, 2018 / 9:27 pm

It starts on April 1st and goes to the 30th. Is that what you meant? Or that you couldn’t start it until after the 1st?

3. Malachi Cyr March 19, 2018 / 5:02 am

Cool that you’ll be doing it, Molly! If you stick at it and keep to your scheduled it can be a great launchpad for a book!

Liked by 1 person