Hi everyone! I have been nominated by Laura at Beautiful Things for the Liebster Award. Thank you Laura!
For those that may not know what a Liebster award is – It is kind of like chain mail. One blogger nominates eleven other bloggers for the award, then those eleven nominate eleven other bloggers for the award too! It just keeps getting passed around. The award is basically a badge that you put on your blog for all to see. There are rules that each nominee has to follow as well. Here are the rules that Laura gave her eleven nominees to complete and I will be giving you the same rules as well.
Thank the blog that nominated you for the award. *check*
Answer the questions they gave you.
Give 11 fun facts about yourself.
Nominate 11 other bloggers for the award, and give them 11 questions to answer.
*All above text copied from Laura’s blog*
Questions for my Nominees:
1. What is the most courageous thing you have ever done?
I don’t remember anything in particular…. 😦 That’s most likely because even heroes won’t feel courageous while they’re being courageous. At least, that’s how I imagine it being an author and all.
2. Do you prefer ice coffee or hot, or do you not like coffee at all?
No coffee, thanks. 😀
3. What is your favorite holiday?
CHRISTMAS!!! By far.
4. What is one of your most special talents?
Talents? *scratches head*. Writing?
5. What is your favorite book?
I don’t have one. 😉 I really like The Wars of the Realms series!
6. What is one of the earliest childhood memories you have?
Hitting a praying mantis off of my sister’s leg with a baseball bat. 😛
7. Do you prefer cake or ice-cream?
… Ice cream. *nods*, yes, ice cream. 😀
8. How many books have you read this summer?
I’ve finished three. Kinda. One audiobook and two reading books. And I’ve started a few more!
9. Cats or dogs?
10. If you could have any exotic pet…*Any kind guys*, which would you choose?
Wow, that’s hard! Elephants are cool…. but kinda big. I like giraffes, but they’re kind of tall… Perhaps an iguana. Yeah, I like iguanas. 😀
11. What is the best summer vacation you have ever gone on?
Summer vacation. I don’t remember the last summer vacation I went on! My family doesn’t generally go on vacation in summer. So I’ll change it to vacation in general. 😉
Two years ago this fall I shot a deer while hunting on vacation. Happy me!
Eleven fun facts about me!!
- I like snakes. I caught the one in the pictures below just a few days ago!! It was super cool! And yep, that’s me holding it.
- I’m a musician – I play flute, mandolin, and piano.
- I am working on editing a novel which I am kinda/but not really done with. First draft is written out in a notebook. 😛
- Science and writing are my favorite school subjects. (Oh, I’m home-schooled too!)
- I like vanilla ice cream. ❤
- I read the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe through in one day. This was when I was probably eight. 🙂
- I read Ben Hur over the time when I was 10 to 11. Yeah, it took me a year… but who cares??! 😉 Oh, and I was reading chapter books by the time I was 5 or 6.
- I’ve never had a nosebleed. 🙂
- One of my favorite things to do is write.
- While playing Yahtzee I’ve rolled a Yahtzee in one roll. I’ve also gotten 517 points in one game!
- (Last one, this had better be good!) I’m a child of the King of Kings! On this blog I try to shine for Jesus!
- Amie at Crazy A
- Grace at Grace Caylor
- Holly at My Reel Life
- Anna at A Story Nerd’s Life
- Malachi at Brainstorms with Rain
- Liberty at Gone in a Dream
- Julia at Julia Witmer
- Kellyn at Reveries
- Amanda at Amanda Joy Writes
- Megan at Perfect Possibilities
- Kate at Once Upon an Ordinary
Whew, I got 11! Now for the questions:
- Do you like snakes? Would you hold one?
- What genre of music do you like?
- What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream? (or don’t you like ice cream?)
- How long have you been blogging?
- Summer or winter?
- Inside or outside?
- Do you prefer to read or write?
- What’s the longest (or closest to longest, if you can’t remember) book you’ve ever read?
- Historical fiction or fantasy?
- Watermelon or canteloupe?
- Cloudy or sunny?
Some of those were really silly. 😛 I guess I was running out of ideas!